Sunday, May 31, 2009

News from the funny farm :)

Well, the boredom problem seemed to solve itself when i posted a list of chores that could be done should boredom set in :) This has been a fun week.We went on a couple of family picnics,went with friends to play soccer,and last night went to our ward chili cook off.OH! i also went on a fabulous date with Ryan and Lavonna and Mike to see the star trek movie.I absolutely loved it! im the last person on earth you would expect to say this.I grew up watching the original series and this movie was sort of a prequel to that and it was incredible.It was made even more fun by the fact that there were no kids :) I absolutely love my kids but its nice to get away occasionally and be with grown ups.Its only the start of summer and ive already lost count fo the number of sleepovers weve had.Our food budget has tripled just like the noise level lol.Jennys recent decisions have made life unexpectedly more peaceful and calm and im so very happy that shes doing well up North.
Michaela's birthday is this week and we are gearing up for the big pool party/luau and a house full of little girls.her brothers have been warned not to tease/annoy/torture them.
Dallas and Taylor announced their engagement-what a cute couple,im so excited for them both.Its still a little weird to see so many of the kids in jens grade getting engaged. Thinking about it though i wasnt much older and Ryan was just barely back from his mission when we got married.
We talked to Bryces mom at Deseret book this week and she said Bryce is loving his mission and doing well.Its wild to think hes coming home soon,time goes so fast.I love seeing these boys come home and seeing how their mission has changed them into men.Adam leaves in 18 months and im not sure how ill feel about not having his cute face around for 2 yrs.
So,all in all life is crazy busy but im loving it and wouldn't change a thing.:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's nice to see you so upbeat and happy. :-) I wish I could say I wouldn't change a thing about my OWN life right now, but I still love living it, lol. Did you get to talk to Jenny today to wish her a happy birthday?

Wendy said...

Nope,she isnt talking to us -again lol. She needs her 'space'.Its been really nice actually-i think the rest of the family is happy to be done with her drama. Michaela was sad today for a few mins then we all had dinner outside and she was back to her normal happy self.