Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Discouragement

This last couple of weeks have been full of reminders to be kind. 

I try to be a  happy upbeat person and most of the time its easy to remember the many blessing i have in my life. 

Sometimes though, the stresses of working full time, finances, church responsibilities, raising kids etc is overwhelming.

Lately ive found my self convinced that ive failed at the whole motherhood thing, I wonder if  id be a better mom  if  i could learn to quilt, or make jam, grow a garden, be more spiritual, not be so judgemental, make the house spotless, keep up with the laundry  etc etc. The list is endless of the things i wish i could be better at.  To say that im discouraged would be an understatement.


We have always taught our kids  the way to find peace and self esteem is through forgetting our own problems and serving others.

We have taken them to help at soup kitchens, welfare assignments,canning, assisted living homes,.We drag them out of bed on summer mornings before dawn to help at the church farm and these things are  always a positive experience.


 I am thinking i need to take my own advice and forget my own worries,self doubt and  insecurities and find ways to serve others.



 I always assume that my friends have perfect lives.

This week I read in the paper about two separate, tragic events that happened to people i know. The fact that it was publicized makes it even more painful.

  Being a very private person, i know first hand the heartache they must feel.
It made me realize that everyone is fighting their own battles and i was reminded of this quote,

' Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle'-Plato

No comments: