Wednesday, September 29, 2010

no i protest! it cant be fall.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Im just barely getting summer yet we have patients come in everyday snuggled into their winter jackets  (hello its 150*! I took the kids on our final campout to lake powell. It was a lovely weekend even if we didnt get to rent a boat.


According to the dollar tree i should be happily glue guning my christmas crafts about now.I love christmas...im like buddy the elf but its SUMMER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILLL HAVE AT LEAST ONE MORE WEEK OF SUMMER BEFORE I DECIDE ITS FALL ! LOL


It has been a heart wrenching couple of weeks at home and at work and i think we are coming out ok finally. I keep being reminded in my job,there are no do-overs and time doesnt re wind.

SO im hoping this yr to help Claire plan her first official family reunion. My family are in England but there are lots of Ryans family that may come. As in all families quarrels,misunderstandings etc  are rampant but this yr for christmas we will be German Soliders.......................

In WW1 the troopsOn Christmas Eve 1915, a peace overture came from the German lines. On Christmas Day, after a night of carol singing, Bertie Felstead, a private in the Royal Welch Fusiliers recalled that feelings of goodwill had so swelled up that at dawn Bavarian and British soldiers clambered spontaneously out of their trenches. A football was produced from somewhere – though none could recall from where. "It wasn't a game as such, more a kick-around and a free-for-all. There could have been 50 on each side for all I know. I played because I really liked football. I don't know how long it lasted, probably half an hour."[13]


Its ironic since neither claire nor i have been to a real reunion and the people being invited dont like each other .........BUT  claire is determined so for Christmas this yr we are going to try to go ride atv's and a few other local fun things... plus lots of yummy food .I hope everyone puts aside petty things and re connects.

*****DISCLAIMER****due to non mormon mother,no jello will be harmed, slurrped or forced to hang out with the carrots.  :)

No comments: